What is Solution Focused Therapy?
I specialize in working with individuals and couples from a Solution-Focused approach. I hold a certificate in Solution Focused Therapy granted by BRIEF International and the Connie Institute, both world leading organizations in Solution-Focused practice in therapy, counseling, and coaching. Developed by psychotherapists Steve de Shazer and Insoo Kim Berg and colleagues beginning in the late 1970's in Milwaukee, WI, Solution Focused Therapy (often called Solution Focused Brief Therapy) is a richly-researched, evidenced-based therapeutic approach that helps people to:
- Focus on solution-building and not problem-solving
- Become future-oriented rather than past preoccupied
- Emphasize and build on what you are already doing that works
- (Re)discover the life you would like to lead
- Notice evidence of positive change that is already happening in your life
- Look for exceptions or instances when the "problem" is NOT present
- Identify strengths you didn't realize you had
- Highlight evidence of resources and resilience that is present in your life but possibly overlooked
Solution Focused therapy begins with the endpoint of therapy in sight—it focuses more on what is going to get you out of therapy, and less on what brought you there.
Diana M. Pash, MA, LMFT is a certified Solution-Focused therapist in private practice in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. To find out more about Diana click here: Diana Pash Therapy